Jefferson Monroe Fire Department has a heritage dating back to 1946. When we were first established we bought our first brand new fire engine in 1949. To this day it remains safe in our equipment bay and has been kept operational until 2013.
With our staff’s current time commitments we have limited opportunities to maintain the vehicle’s operation.
We could use your help. If you have mechanical hands or can support us financially in restoring this vehicle please get in contact with us!
Goal: To have a vintage, drive-able, historical Fire engine for Parades and Special Events.
What we need help with:
- Sponsorship Donations
- Checks can be made out to the Jefferson Monroe Fire Department. Add in the comment line ” Restore 1949″
- Your Name will be included on a placard that will be placed on the truck
- Mechanical hands – call 319-857-4343 for interest or questions
- Disc Brakes
- Possible 12V conversion (lighting issues to discuss)
- Wish List
- BODY WORK
- REMOVE WATER TANK
- REBUILD HOSE BED TO CREATE PARADE SEATING
- UNDER-SEAT STORAGE
- PUMP COMPARTMENT STORAGE
- 12V/LED LIGHTING WHILE MAINTAINING CLASSIC LOOK