Here at JMFD we have a Cadet Program for students.
This program is for those interested in giving back to their communities and those who want to get hands on learning toward the Fire and EMS profession.
This is a mentorship program that only allows a maximum of 3 cadets.
Each Cadet will have an interview, a Department meet and greet and be assigned a department mentor.
Students applying MUST:
- Be 16-17 years of age
- Have parental consent
- Live within our Fire District
- Maintain a 2.6 GPA or greater
- Structural fire support
- Not allowed on any Mutual Aid calls. (Calls for support of other fire districts)
- Not allowed in interior fire attacks
- Accident scene support
- Not allowed on any Highway/Interstate/Major Roadway Accidents
- Assisting medical response
- Station and Equipment Maintenance
Cadets accepted into the program will be issued
- Full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – Firefighter bunker gear
- Pager – to be alerted to calls
- Dress Blue Uniform – for formal events
- Station t-shirt