We wish you a happy Thanksgiving from the Jefferson Monroe Fired Department.
We have a great dish to add to your traditional meal settings.
Recipe Spotlight – Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes – Alex VanDeusen
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min.
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmasean cheese
- Grease a shallow baking dish and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small sauce pan combine cream, milk, seasoning salt and garlic
- Cook just until bubbling around sides
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes
- Layer half the potatoes in baking dish, pour half the cream mixture and sprinkle half the cheeses over top.
- Repeat with other half
- Bake covered for 45 minutes
- Stir and return to oven, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes
- Once done I like to cube up ham and add to the potatoes.