Happy Independence Day from JMFD!
Look no further for a fun food item for both kids and adults!
Recipe Spotlight – Junk Yard Dogs – D’lynn Pokorney
- 1 pkg hot dogs
- Mashed potatoes
- Cheese slices
- Make mashed potatoes of your choice, instant works great.
- Take hot dogs and slice lengthwise but DO Not cut through entirely as you will fold them open like a book.
- Place all hot dogs on cookie sheet
- Place in oven at 350 degrees until hot dogs start to brown
- Remove cookie sheet and spoon mashed potatoes down the center of each hot dog
- Lay cheese slices on top of potatoes (1/2 slice will do)
- Place cookie sheet back in oven only long enough to melt the cheese
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!