We know how hot a fire can burn.
This is the only time of year where we say “Fan your Flames,” For your loved ones on this Valentines day.
We have a special recipe from none other than Cupid himself. However we may not be able to recommend it for your special day.
Recipe Spotlight – Spencer Kiekhaefer – Summer Pie (Tuna Jello Pie)
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 pkg (3oz) Lemon-flavored Gelatin
- 1 1/4 Cups Boiling water
- 1 Can 8 Oz tomato Sauce
- 1tbsp. Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Few Drops of Worcestershire sauce and Tobasco Sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup Pimiento stuffed olives
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- Cheese Pie shell – See below
- Tuna Salad – See Below
- Make Tuna Salad – see below
- Make Cheese Pie Shell – see below
- Dissolve Gelatin in Boiling water. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar and seasonings.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in celery, olives and onion
- Poor into cooled Cheese Pie shell. Chill Thoroughly
- Spoon Tuna Salad on top of pie
- 1 can 6 1/2 oz tuna, drained
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- Mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Lightly mix Tuna, lemon juice, onion, and celery
- Seaon with salt and parika to taste.
- Just before serving drain and mix Mayonnaise to moisten.
Cheese Pie Shell
- 1 cup Gold medal foour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp Shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Preheat oven to 475 deg.
- Mix flour and salt
- cut in shortening throoughly
- stir in cheese
- sprinkle water gradually over mixture t Tbsp. at a time.
- If dough appears dry, a few drops of water may be added.
- Gather dough in to a ball
- On a lightly floured cloth-covered board, roll out 1″ larger than inverted 9″ pie pan.
- Ease into pan; flute and prick pastry
- bake 8 to 10 min
- Cool for 10 min