We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Wondering what to do after thanksgiving with all that left over turkey?
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook Time: 20 min
Keep Heated (Crockpot)
- 2 Cups Diced or Shredded Turkey
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onions
- (1) 2oz Canned Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Masa Harina Flour (Corn flour)
- 7 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2/3 Cup Salsa
- 12 oz or 18 slices American Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 TB Chopped Onion
- 2 TB chopped Jalapeno Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- Heat oil in 3 qt Sauce Pan. Add onions, drained chilies and garlic and saute until translucent. While stirring, add diced Turkey and Masa harina
- Using a whip to keep lumps from forming, slowly add chicken broth and salsa. Then, add chili powder and cumin, mixing well
- Heat to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted and smooth. Keep hot, but do not boil.
- Prepare topping by combining diced tomato, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno, salt and chopped parsley. Serve tomato mixture, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips as garnish on top of soup.